Wolfhound-PRO™ Cell Phone Tracker is a precision, handheld, wireless sniffer specifically tuned to the RF signature of common cell phones (both U.S. & international bands) including LTE, AWS, PCS, CDMA / WCDMA (UMTS), GSM, EGSM Cellular bands and even GPS trackers as well as U.S. DECT 6.0 cordless phones that cause interference with European cellular carriers.
Wolfhound-PRO Cell Phone Tracker’s high speed scanning receiver utilizes a multi-band direction finding antenna system allowing security personnel to locate nearby cell phones in either standby mode* or during active voice, text or data RF transmissions making it the perfect TSCM tool for enforcing your NO WIRELESS security policy. Wolfhound-PRO’s simple trackball/pushbutton operation and ultra-bright OLED screen make it easy to use for both trained and untrained security personnel.
In addition, Wolfhound-PRO identifies each cellphone by frequency (not by phone number nor IMEI) allowing for detection and listing of multiple cellphones. This can prove useful in situations involving a variety of cellphone use such as large prisons and even disaster zones involving search and rescue operations. This also means that Wolfhound-PRO is legal and the preferred tool of choice for law enforcement looking to avoid time consuming court orders required by the use of some more complex and illegal phone interception devices. Learn more about law enforcement’s use of Wolfhound-Pro in the WSJ story.
Wolfhound-PRO has up to 150 foot radius for cell phone detection (indoors) and up to 1 mile outdoors (line-of-sight) making it the most sensitive cell phone tracker on the market. Wolfhound-PRO includes two field swappable antennas, one omni-directional and one direction finding antenna allowing users to quickly switch from mobile phone detection to mobile phone location and seizure.
Wolfhound-PRO™is designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Receiver design boasts a dynamic range of -60 dB with user settable sensitivity
- Includes direction finding antenna allowing for accurate cellphone detection and location
- Detects cell phones up to 150 feet away (indoors) and up to 1 mile away (line-of-sight outdoors)
- Identifies each phone by frequency allowing for multiple, simultaneous cellphone detection
- User selectable from -83 dBm to –53 dBm with a resolution of 2 dB for detection in a noisy environment (typical of prisons)
- Selectivity rejection of at least 50 dB at 1 MHz from the uplink frequency bands provides high immunity from false triggering caused by base stations, personal communication devices and other sources of interference
- Software (optional) logging capability allows the user to record and time-stamp every detected cell phone transmission via built-in USB port.
- Passive receiver technology is completely legal and does not require time consuming court orders or warrants to operate
- User selectable mobile frequency bands allow the same unit to be used around the world; both USA and European mobile uplink bands are supported
- Detects hidden GPS trackers and U.S. DECT 6.0 cordless phone standard as well
- Integrated laser-assisted directional antenna (green 532 nanometer laser, 50 feet mimimum span)
- Internal Li-ION battery runtime of 4+ hours
- Weighs less than 2 lbs. (30 oz.) fully loaded or just over 1 lb. (18 oz.) using omni-directional antenna
*Standby mode (autonomous registration) varies from base station to base station with phones typically registering between once every few minutes to up to 20 minutes. This time varies greatly based upon carriers, distance from base stations and individual handset manufacturers’ standards.
Does the Wolfhound-PRO Cell Detector identify callers or their phone numbers?
No. Wolfhound-PRO Cell Detector is a precision RF cellular scanning device that identifies cellphone activity (both standby mode and active modes) and assists in locating them. It is a wireless tool used by security officers and personnel that require a NO WIRELESS security policy.
Can Wolfhound-PRO detect more than one cellphone at a time?
Yes. Wolfhound-PRO can identify the strongest cellphone and eliminate that from the search by either RSSI or frequency. This allows many cellphones to be detected at once.
How far away can I detect cellphones?
Typical range is about 150 feet but this varies depending upon the environment.
Does Wolfhound-PRO Cell Detector detect phones that are powered off?
No. A phone that is turned off cannot be detected.
Can Wolfhound-PRO detect text messaging as well as voice calls?
Yes; as long as the RF transmissions are made over the prescribed frequency band(s) the Wolfhound-PRO receiver will detect them. However, since text transmissions tend to be short and intermittent (as opposed to voice or conversation which is more continuous), the user would have to pay un-divided attention to the Wolfhound-PRO LCD output to observe text messaging in real-time. Ask your BVS sales engineer for more information about our optional software that logs all RF triggers including text messages.
Can Wolfhound-PRO detect other RF activity?
Yes, Wolfhound-PRO will also detect GPS trackers and U.S. DECT 6.0 cordless phones.
Can Wolfhound-PRO only detect cellphones or can it locate them as well ? If so, how?
Wolfhound-PRO can both detect and locate cell phones. After detection, the cell phones may be located by determining the initial direction of maximum signal and then approaching the cell phone in slow steps and continually updating one’s direction for maximum detected signal. Watch this video for more information on direction finding.
Can Wolfhound-PRO stimulate a cell phone to transmit RF signals?
No, Wolfhound-PRO only detects RF signals; to stimulate a cell phone it would have to transmit RF signals, which would violate FCC regulations and guidelines.
Can Wolfhound-PRO track phone numbers or IMEI codes?
No, Wolfhound-PRO is a passive receiver that only detects RF. It does not communicate nor intercept with any cellular signals so it is legal for anyone to use. In addition, it does not require time consuming warrants or court orders that can hinder ongoing field investigations by law enforcement.
Can Wolfhound-PRO units be networked together?
Currently, the Wolfhound is available as a stand-alone, handheld unit only.
How is the Wolfhound-PRO different from other BVS cell phone detectors?
The Wolfhound-PRO is Berkeley’s most sophisticated and sensitive cell phone detector because it includes a direction finding antenna coupled with a sensitive RF detection engine allowing cell phones to be detected and located from a distance. Please consult with our sales team to find the best product to fit your wireless security needs by calling TOLL FREE 1-888-737-4287 or 732-548-3737.